Pages

Monday, December 20, 2021

Pharyngitis

After sitting adjacent to the lamp on my desk in My Space, the bottle of fluticasone received some preparatory shakes before squeezing the dispenser to deliver two sprays to each nostril.  It is intended for allergic rhinitis but should serve a similar purpose for infectious rhinitis.  My throat has gotten sore, enough to impede sleep though not sore enough to limit me to liquids.  No fever.  No systemic illness.  Yet a suspicion of Omicron Coronavirus can be hard to dispel short of a negative home test.  I might, as quarantine would affect some upcoming plans.  While my preference has been for sweetened Luden's Cough Drops, which I acquire when they go on sale, generic Hall's Honey Lemon serve the purpose while staying less medicinal than the more anesthetic Cherry Menthol variety.  Not seen Sucrets in a while or Chloraseptic spray.  Could look for them when I seek the Corona Test.  

While not systemically symptomatic, or at least I think not, I have some sleep deprivation.  As the illness progressed, I aided my catch-up with generic Dollar Store Melatonin, which would still be worth the new price of $1.25 if what they have at Walgreens is not competitive.  Learning something from two stops at very different places on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail, cheap high proof whiskey can be swilled in a way that clears sinuses.  I did that successfully, though at the price of a burning tongue.  Perhaps I can spend a portion of the $5 bills I've accumulated on a bottle of good bourbon that has less lingual sting.

Despite a petty illness, not quite at its peak methinks, it remains a work day with things I can still do.




No comments: