Pages

Friday, December 17, 2021

Ranking My Initiatives


As this is one of my two semi-annual planning months, I modified my usual approach a little.  As has become customary, I set up my twelve categories, listed everything in the proper paper box knowing some initiatives are appropriate to multiple categories, the using an Excel Spreadsheet, listed unique projects.  It came to 46, of which I can select 12.  After having the program alphabetize them, I ranked them by importance which is only one of many inputs in choosing which 12.  I insist that whatever is chosen comply with a SMART system:

  • Specific
  • Measurable
  • Attainable
  • Relevant
  • Timed
Many of the 46 are not, though I don't yet know which.  From that and categories, I should be able to set the final list in the coming week.

No comments: