Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2022

Extra AM Snooze

I follow classic health rules with better compliance now that I've retired.  Exercise on schedule in a programmed amount, avoid unrestrained eating, sleep on schedule, take my scheduled medicines.  All has gone well with setbacks resulting in feeling pretty good as a senior citizen.  Lapses occur, most of them rationalized in some way, but not many.  Physical health good, emotional health less good, with loneliness at times and languishing at others, with a few uplifts thrown in.  I've done better with physical advice than the mental hygiene advice of immersing myself among others.

Unusual event this morning, though.  My iTouch watch buzzed me awake.  Felt OK.  Dental care done.  This being Pesach, I do not bring coffee into My Space like I usually do early in the morning.  Not having another good reason to go downstairs, I plopped myself into the recliner that serves as the My Space centerpiece.  Within minutes I nodded off for another two hours.  Then downstairs for coffee.  My morning got time shifted a bit.  Fortunately it's a scheduled day off from the treadmill.  When sleep physiology functions that way, it's probably some correction of my own misunderstandings.

No comments: