Pages

Monday, April 11, 2022

Spring Clothing Update

While traveling home from our tax preparer with a big IRS check to write, but also a big nominal income, my wife and I chatted about how we spend money, which is frugally.  There is little that I need, not a whole lot that I want.  I stopped separating $5 bills received in change in part because I now exchange little enough cash to accumulate many and rarely spend what I have put in semiannual envelopes.

In the spring, though, I tend to take stock of clothing.  Again, I need very little.  My tan moccasins have worn out.  So have one pair of tan chinos and one pair of black ones.  I've not had cargo pants for a few years, but found the pockets useful, so I should replace that.  And my go-to belt still holds up pants but has its inner surface largely abraded away.  Have plenty of shirts, shorts, socks.  Found a pair of exercise shoes that have another year in them, so I do not have to replace the treadmill shoes.  All local teams represented by my t-shirts and baseball caps.

Shoes are hardest to replace due to an infrequently ordered size, but between Amazon and Zappos I found a somewhat better pair of moccasins than I usually purchase.  Pants online was more difficult.  Found the two chinos and a belt at Boscov's.  Deferred on the cargo pants, my size did not have my preferred color, and I haven't had a pair for quite a few years so not really needed, or even highly desired.

It's off to the tailor for hemming.  Then transfer the summer clothing from storage.

Resupplied, though no place to go where I need to look stylish, or even successful.

No comments: