Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2022

Too Much SSRI Methinks


Drug holiday may be prudent.  But which one?  I don't feel quite right.  Tired a lot, sleeping more, less motivated but emotionally blunted.  Experiences that should have made me ecstatic haven't.  Experience that should have initiated outrage haven't.  My ability to focus and learn new things has waned, more noticeable to me than to anyone else.

My pill case has five tablets, each taken at suppertime.  Two are antihypertensives, one an SSRI, one a statin and one a PPI.  The PPI was stopped a few days, having run out.  I got heartburn. No mental improvement.  My BP has been excellent of late.  Calcium channel blockers can do this, ACE inhibitor unlikely.  Most likely I have a cumulative effect of the SSRI.  Two week drug suspension  and reassess.

No comments: