Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2022

Visiting Chesapeake City


Needed a brief escape, preferably one that fulfilled my Semiannual Goal of three visits to new places in Maryland.  Some impediment by locking myself out of my house for the first time in forty years, but a neighbor found her spare key and off I went.  Some alone time in the car is always welcome.  Scout GPS worked well, taking me to the few turns uneventfully.  The Delaware side seemed amply developed, the Maryland side less so.  While I had intended to tour the C&D Canal Museum, it only opens on weekends.  Crossing the canal explained why.  The town of Chesapeake City MD lives off its marina, with various pleasure craft moored there for its prosperous owners to enjoy time on the water each weekend.  Not many places to eat, some niche boutiques, though far less than what I found on a similar day trip to Frenchtown NJ last year.  Said hello to the shop owners, almost bought something.   Had a simple lunch, then headed home.  Semiannual task can be marked complete.

While in the neighborhood, I had to pass Costco to get home, so this would be a chance to see if they had any cargo pants, the last replacement clothing I still needed to get.  They didn't.  However, to get back to the highway, I had to drive past Cabela's.  Cargo pants are most useful for sports where you need to keep your hands free.  They had something suitable, which I purchased, to be altered next week when I pick up the pants already at the cleaners to be hemmed.  Then my replacement boat shoes should arrive and my upgraded wardrobe for summer will have been completed.

Mostly a Me Day.  I need a few Me Days.

No comments: