Pages

Monday, September 19, 2022

Overtasked


Motivationally challenged, perhaps.  My daily task list appears unusually long, so diverse that I really don't want to select any one thing to actually do.  It might help, I think, if I choose something that has an end that gets a checkmark by the end of the day and does not get recycled to tomorrow's daily task list.  There are items like that but most things that contribute to my semi-annual initiatives are not those one and done efforts.  Still, I need to have the task list shorter.  The best way to do that is to tackle those most finite.  Exercise is measured by time and by effort.  So are my wt, waist, and BP measurements. Some efforts are timed, particularly cleaning parts of the house.  But when the list gets too long, the choices appear overwhelming.  It becomes like a food menu that has so many options that you are never fully content with the one you chose.  See how many I can do, but opt for the ones that once done do not propagate beyond today.

No comments: