Pages

Sunday, September 4, 2022

Summer's Close

Labor Day Weekend.  It's been a mostly good summer, more glories than travails.  My semi-annual projects transition at the end of June.  Did OK.  Got to visit my son.  Celebrated an anniversary.  Made it to my grandparents' cemeteries.  Tidied the house sufficiently to begin having guests.  Tended to some of my medical needs.  Able to resume platelet donations.  Ahead of schedule on my programmed reading.  Started making a YouTube series of Dr. Plotzker's Mind.  Just a talking head, but always pensive.  My expressive writing could be better.  Went to the beach twice, as planned.  Celebrated a 90th birthday with a neighbor.  My Space has an emptier look, though far from its visionary ideal.  

Labor Day makes for a good demarcation point.  I watched a little college football, but nothing to get me mentally engaged, as the first few weeks tend to be programmed mismatches to give the underdog team and incentive and the dominant one confidence. Probably attend a college game this fall.  I do not exchange clothing until mid-October, but long pants and collared shirts become the norm.  OLLI classes begin right after Labor Day.  Then some minor medical care, with the big medical care closer to Thanksgiving.  There are always the Holy Days which have not really enhanced my spirits as the Rabbis say they should.  Fall always invites a day trip or two.  Garden harvest, not much this year.  Garden cleanup, too much this year.  Get the snow blower ready later in the season.  Do my best to get the fireplace usable.  Fall also has its element of thinking ahead to when the season has elapsed.

The Lazy Days of summer, not all that lazy for me, move along to a more businesslike few months.  I think I'm ready.


No comments: