Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Distracted

These past few weeks I've found myself distractible.  It's been difficult to pick a task and just focus on it, let alone complete it.  My writing has been mostly partially written, though I have responded well when asked to comment on what somebody else has presented.  Home projects get started, even completed when a small end point is defined, but the larger projects for which they are components gets left in the middle.  I keep appointments with others mostly flawlessly, attending my committee meetings if not fully participating in all and not missed an OLLI class or an opportunity to pose a question to the instructor.  Social media still functions as too much of a default sink.  The treadmill functions like an appointment, one that is kept, as is my personal morning hygiene.  And I've been pretty faithful to my daily crosswords, Atlantic daily article, Forward two articles, and daily TED Talk, so my mind gets its stimulation.

By now, nearly all of my expression takes place on a screen, whether writing for others to read, a weekly video series begun this summer, or committees by Zoom.  I don't seem to do as well as I might staying with the screen I am using without shuttling to another to do something else.  I've tried the timer, partially helpful.  But perhaps the next step would be coaching to deter getting distracted. Or a more rigid definition of when I am done. 


No comments: