Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2022

Some Kitchen Adventures

Despite some accumulation of fishing tackle a couple years back, I haven't gone fishing lately.  My art supplies remain ample but no meaningful drawing, watercolor, or adult pencil coloring have been performed.  My two harmonicas remain unused despite being kept within arms reach. Garden post-season.  All desire for recreation that never materialized.   Even my self-expressive writing seems in a lull.

All partially replaced by my attraction to the kitchen as my recreational outlet.  It could be more orderly, maybe neater.  Yet its utensils, appliances, ingredients, and final results keep me energized.  Even the cleanup offers a welcome challenge and misadventures a learning opportunity.

My shopping amid higher prices seems to reflect this.  When I buy something I think about what I will do with this as it goes into the cart.  Chicken breasts for shabbos, frozen fish or garden burgers for supper, whipping cream with the ice cream.  Apple walnut pie soon, as apples, walnuts, sour cream, sugar all on the week's sale items at Shop-Rite this week.

And then the big two:  Thanksgiving and wife's birthday.  Menu planning, sorting procedures to sequence use of stove, oven and electric appliances needed for multiple courses.  All with an elegant end in mind.  But apple walnut pie first.



No comments: