Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2022

Irritations


Back home for two days and irritations accumulating.  Note from attorney handling a case for me that we have a trial date in about a year and a half.  I was hoping for a dismissal instead.  Note from car insurer that a claim has been filed against my car.  It has never been in a collision.  I was nowhere near the collision on the date of the collision.  Bet I know what happened, but we'll see how good their investigators really are.  Now getting more toll violations from car that has my stolen plate, after a lull.  Very likely the toll violations and the collisions, each assigned to me in absentia, are intertwined.  And some residual irritations from my trip to Florida.  Also people who should have gotten back to me but haven't.

I understand a little more each day why so many people want to replace the underperformers among us, done in the most visible way by voting them out, though sometimes by voting with our assets and shopping someplace else or changing doctors or responding to those many ads which tell us we will do better with a different insurance company or with that law firm on cable TV that really will represent us in the most vigorous way.  We don't really have very good advocates.

Or as Hillel advised us:  If I am not for myself, who will be for me?

No comments: