Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Returning Home

Completing a week in Florida.  Pleasant time.  I needed the break more than I thought I did, though don't anticipate needing another for some time.  Ate out.  I prefer what I create in my own kitchen from things I bought at Shop-Rite.  Walked to the beach across the street.  That was pleasant, though I didn't stay there for very long.  Dunked myself into the pool outside our front door a few times, again, never for very long.  It's still better than a JCC or Y membership where I would have to drive there, change in a locker, and mostly stay indoors except for the summer at the JCC.

I much prefer my sedan to the SUV rental, though I got used to driving it in a day or so.  Within about three days I knew where the important things were: gas station, WaWa, where to eat, how to access the highways.

Just over half a month remaining in the calendar year.  Much shorter checklist than the things I needed to do before vacation.  One final Medscape column.  My Semi-Annual Projects.  Two Torah readings.  Return to treadmill schedule.

My sleep pattern remained unchanged by the change in location.  There must be some internal, involuntary signals.  Did not take any of the diphenhydramine that I brought along.  Less beer than I would have had going out to dinner at home.  If they didn't have something unique or regional, which most of the places didn't, water would do.  About the same amount of coffee that I'd have at home, mostly gas station varietals, though some with restaurant breakfasts that seemed especially good.   Starbucks around the corner, no attraction to me whatever.

I'm very much looking forward to returning to the many things that I usually do.


No comments: