Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Pleasant Chill


First night's sleep in my own bed after a mostly pleasant week in Florida.  Restful, but having my every whim accessible to me isn't the inner me.  I prefer retrieving the newspaper from the end of the driveway in my nightwear with warmer clothing needed for longer stays outdoors.  Unpack today.  Treadmill at reduced intensity later, as exercise equipment not available at the place I stayed, though I had my share of slower walks of similar distance to what my treadmill program would offer.  Restaurants all pleasant, mostly mid-priced, but I prefer the challenge of assembling supper for my wife and me each evening.

As much as I liked the four cruises I've taken, all mixtures of leisure and sightseeing, and my times in Puerto Rico, Arizona, and Hawaii with similar hotel based lounging and touring, Florida was distinctly less than that.  It was more doing what natives do, less having to go to work.  Really being part of the sprawl, doing things that pleasant weather enables, sharing the cluster or mall based restaurants with people who access them daily rather than a few times per lifetime.

It will probably take a day or two to restore the normal cadence of activities, though I much prefer these to the mostly leisurely warm days that I just had.

No comments: