Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Six Months Ahead

They are set.  All twelve semi-annual initiatives.  A few carryovers, a few new directions.  All begin with resolve.  One might be a little loose on the SMART criteria, but all others overtly tangible and measurable.  I avoided projects of process, though some might be interpreted that way.  Primarily all have performance end points, I either accomplished them or I didn't.  Here they are.

Community:  Meaningful AKSE contribution.  This may be performance, though by the end of the half-year, I should be able to identify what those unique contributions were.

Self:  Read three books, distributed by fiction, non-fiction, and Jewish as subject and by traditional, audio, e-book as format

Friends:  Entertain three different guests on three different occasions in my home.

Health: Weight, Waist, and BP end points.

Mental: Submit three articles to editors for publication.

Long-Term:  Enhance kitchen skills.  This is really performance and hard to measure.

Frontier: Complete the first draft of my book that is good enough to attract recognition.

Home: My Space as my sanctuary.  This is hard to measure, but I could take Prof. Covey's advice of creating a conceptual final result, then pursuing what I do towards that end point.

Purchase: Complete travel arrangements for delayed anniversary trip to Europe.

Family:  Dedicate two sessions weekly to be with my wife.  This is really a performance goal.

Travel:  Visit each of my children.

Financial:  Place the appropriate assets in the Revocable Trust to avoid future probate.

That's twelve, allotted to what have become renewable categories.  Transfer to the whiteboard in my line of sight visible at a glance from my desk in My Space.  All very doable.  All within my current frame of motivation.







No comments: