Pages

Friday, February 3, 2023

Cut Finger

Tried to salvage an past prime onion to make a stew.  Slightly slimy outer coating caused my good chef's knife to slip, landing onto the proximal interphalangeal surface of my left index finger.  It bled.  A few not quite soaked paper towels later, it still oozed, but within the capacity of a bandaid, which should help approximated the two edges of the gash.  Eventually it will clot.  Eventually it will heal.  In the meantime, I've lots of milchig dishes to wash so I'll need to get a set of vinyl or latex gloves like the blood drawers use.

Crock pot fully assembled, all ingredients added, seasoned, beef seared and placed atop.  On High for one hour, then Low until shabbos dinner.  Salad later.  By then my hand should return to full function, giving the chef knife a second chance.


No comments: