Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Filling a Briefcase

While devoting some effort to making My Space as optimal as it should be, I came across some briefcases.  I've always had a fondness for them, collected several of various types, not counting back-packs which are really more functional, and usually carried one back and forth to work.  It hardly ever got opened.  I don't really remember what they contained other than some pens and some folders and maybe a mini-cassette recorder for dictations.  I found one of my favorites, green canvas Eddie Bauer, neck strap replaced after the original plastic clip broke.  It was empty.

Now retired, I don't really need a briefcase, not that I needed one as much as I thought in my working days.  I still write with pens on paper.  And the pens should be multicolor, though I think I used to carry a single Bic with blue-black-red-green options in addition to a blue one and a black one with drug advertising logo.  And highlighters.  Probably only want yellow for my briefcase.  And post-it notes.  I already put headphones into it.

The smartphone carried in my left pants pocket has largely obviated any need for a tape recorder or small camera, let alone an extra cassette of 110 film or mini-tape cassettes.  A folder with loose-leaf paper on one side and non-punched paper on the other always comes in useful.  And a couple of small writing pads.

There's really not much reason to create this at all, as I have nothing to transport to my OLLI sessions, can slip earbuds in my pocket, usually keep a pen on me, and have ample access to paper while I am there.  My classes do not span a lunch break as they did in prior years, so no reason to pack food.

Better to just travel empty-handed but with selectively filled pants pockets.




No comments: