Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Suddenly Fully Awake

Sleepig tracker helpful.  While I have been waking overnight on a chronic basic, those 2AM  awakenings have all had their element of drowsiness inviting a return to sleep.  Not so last night.  This time at just before 2AM I recall abrupt awakening following a dream.  No drowsiness at all.  It felt like the night was done and I needed to dive into whatever the day would bring.  I stayed in bed, still fully alert for more than an hour, then just got up, though not quite ready for morning hygiene and a new day.  My mind fully functioned.  

To my laptop whose blue light reinforces wakefulness, at least it did for a short time.  Then a modicum of drowsiness returned, and I returned to bed the rest of the night.

Nobody really knows what neurologic processes regulate consciousness.  For maybe an hour and a half, i had now drowsiness at all.  That transition from one sleep cycle to the next not only didn't happen, as I often experience, but the signal for it to occur at all disappeared.  


No comments: