Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2023

Melatonin Assisted

Up slightly earlier.  Feeling more refreshed at day's start than I had been.  Don't know how much to attribute to a therapeutic trial of an OTC melatonin chewable at bedtime.  Since darkness had already appeared, my endogenous melatonin should have been synthesized and released.  Maybe it was.  After chewing the tablet, which invariably brings me to nap time on those Saturday afternoons when I've taken one, not a whole lot happened.  Falling asleep has never been difficult.  Staying asleep has.  Typically, my first middle of the night awakening will draw my eyes to a clock radio whose red numerals portray a time of about 3AM.  If that happened last night, I don't remember it.  Instead, I remember 6AM, using the bathroom, though not feeling groggy.  Next glimpse, 6:36AM.  Felt reasonably rested, so on to dental hygiene routine followed by coffee.  I'm definitely less than expected tiredness at first arising.  From the melatonin tablet?  Not what I expected but worth doing again.


No comments: