Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2023

Multicolors


When I outline my time, be it day or week, or even longer if my whiteboard entries with six months on the left and permanent on the right are included, the items are color coded.  I have ball point pens in red-green-black-blue-purple.  My highlighters occur in a different five:  blue-green-orange-pink-yellow.  Whiteboard markers only come in four:  black-blue-green-red.

I use them differently.  For letters on paper or on whiteboard: red identifies family, travel, or money, green my capacity as a doctor, which still has a few residuals in retirement, blue my home, black generic for all else, from care of my body to advancing my mind.

Highlighters have a different purpose, not really color coded.  Each Sunday, I outline what my desired accomplishments for the ensuing week need my attention.  If they are an intermediate step to a semiannual goal, those tasks get highlighted.  I pick a weekly color each Sunday.  For the individual days I pick from among the remaining four colors.

Had I done this electronically, the colors would expand from five to infinite.  I prefer five.

No comments: