Pages

Thursday, April 20, 2023

Addressing Problem Lab Work

 My serum took a down tick.  And the RBC from the purple top tube makes platelet donations uncertain.  For the first time my creatinine measures where I would notice it, not dangerously high but not where it had been.  Glucose borderline though not diabetic.  Traces of prior iron deficiency persist.  And lipid measurements not alarming but less well controlled on alternate day statin.

I don't feel as well, not explained by the lab.  But still, I need to change course.  Don't think I can do much with the renal function, other than not missing any antihypertensives.  To the extent that the CBC reflects this, my platelet donation days may be reaching an end, but too soon to tell.

I can restore the iron with a supplement.  No active bleeding on endoscopy, already on proton-pump inhibitor for Barrett's.  Just resume the multi-vitamin.  And the lipids were a lot better with daily rosuvastatin.  May just have to accept some minor achiness in return.

Discuss briefly with doctor soon.  Revise daily pill case now.


No comments: