Pages

Sunday, April 16, 2023

Post-Pesach

A few demarcation points passed.  Pesach, birthday, hopefully self-limited respiratory illness, taxes filed.  Dishes away, kitchen not fully restored to function.

I feel a little tired, maybe even notably despondent a few days, though not in a disabling way.  Pesach begins Omer.  For some reason I remain committed to the daily count, maybe to convince myself that I can do it, though maybe to focus myself of spring which generates its own post-Pesach initiatives.  My garden is no longer part of my semi-annual projects, nor is monthly financial review or date generated donations, though they continue.  It's the week that determines the vegetables and herbs I would like to have later.  Each of the last few springs I review scholarship applications for the Delaware Community Foundation.  It helps them and it engages me.  I have a Torah Talk to present, maybe the only meaningful invitation I will get from my own congregation this year.

Warmer weather shifts my wardrobe to lighter clothing with more exposed limbs.  An exchange needs to be done.  I've not been fishing at the better but more distant state ponds, since losing one of my rods on their pier.  That needs revival this spring, though not likely this week.

This semi-annual cycle has about ten weeks remaining.  Have done mostly better than other cycles with some focus needed for the languishing ones.  And for the first time in a while, I think my focus has been better. 



No comments: