Pages

Sunday, April 9, 2023

Chol HaMoed

Awkward Pesach Schedule this year.  Th-F-Sa yontif-shabbos, then Su-M-T window for some work, then W-Th yontiff.  Within that window I have to write a presentation that sort of depends on maybe a form of activation energy to get started but once in place it moves ahead.  The initial catalyst has been slow in appearing, but that's the focus of this three day stretch.  And once done, it's done.  Gardening is not appropriate to the Intermediate Days, but keeping what is already planted alive probably is.  So is packing things only used the first two days of yontif, like Seder designated items or my oversized soup pot.  In the middle I have my BD, a yontif event with a Torah reading to do and a sort of festive meal to arrange.

Taxes need signing and delivery of authorization to file returned to our CPA.  And an OLLI schedule selected to be minimally impacted by Pesach, but with superimposed endoscopy, I missed more sessions than anticipated.  But only one scheduled during Chol HaMoed itself, which I should be able to attend.

I've depended on Pesach more than I should to serve as a mood demarcation point.  I have some very tangible things to do like cleaning, changing dishes, challenging meal preparation, some AKSE activities, this year my birthday, sometimes tax filing.  I've not gotten that elevation this year, that inner accomplishment, despite feeling as well physically as I have in a while.  Perhaps I just need a relatively big achievement, starting with my presentation, then expanding to bigger.  

No comments: