Pages

Thursday, April 27, 2023

Sorting


My possessions have gotten the best of me.  Took a chunk of the day to make my stuff more manageable with the intent to be able to find that elusive what I need when I need it.  First, some zones.  My downstairs desk, a simple secretary style fold-up forced to fold-down.  All papers off.  Then file labels and folders.  Still some categories to go but I can use the desk.

Then the shelf behind my bed, my half of the bed.  Got a Sam Adams empty beer box, put everything in it to overflowing.  Toted it to my desk.  Separated pens, coins, medicines, things that already had a defined home someplace else.  Once done, I got a second empty k-cup box.  My stuff not yet assigned a home into Sam Adams, wife's stuff into K-cup.  Far more is mine.

Winter clothing now in vacuum bag.  Found mini-vacuum.  Unfortunately, unable to seal that bag, so it may need replacement before vacuuming.  

Harvested shoes that I will not be wearing again for a while.  Put trees in two pair.  Put the others in a laundry basket, then transfer to closet in a clear bag.

Not yet where I can really find what I need when I need it.  But a whole lot better than it was.

No comments: