Pages

Monday, April 24, 2023

Taking Shabbos Off

I'm once again shuled out.  Perhaps only my shul, but probably all shuls.  I have no desire whatever to attend any of the community events this week for Remembrance Day or Israel Independence Day.  Maybe I'm Jewed out, though still find Reddit's r/judaism worthy of my input and I will offer my two monthly Jewish donations, now a few days Past Due.  None of this stuff is on my weekly activity list except completing the donations.  And maybe getting a summer JCC Membership, partly for health reasons, partly to improve my social engagement as OLLI goes dormant next month.  But at least for this week I'm off.  Omer count continues, though.

What might I do instead?  Not veg.  Not as I really start feeling pretty decent physically for the first time in a couple of weeks.  A drive somewhere unless it's pouring, maybe a drive to someplace indoors if it's pouring.  Something worthy of my spiritual and physical recoveries.  But Me Time for at least the daylight hours.


No comments: