Pages

Monday, August 16, 2021

Auditing a Course


One of the fringe benefits of OLLI enrollment is the chance to audit a course from the main campus.  I've never taken advantage of this but would like to this semester, as many courses are online so I don't have to schlep to the main campus, find parking, and plod over to an academic building.  They provide an electronic catalog that let me whittle the choices down to about 2000.  Not really wanting to enroll again in intro to anything or take nursing curricula, I narrowed it down to three:  two on biological data, one on genetics.  With the yom tovim coming up on Wednesdays, I would miss three classes on two of the courses, but I don't get exams or grades.  Genetics has a textbook with a bit of a price deterrent.  One of the statistics seminars meets on Tuesday afternoons once a week.  That works well.  It is led by an adjunct professor whose main gig is head of biostatistics at our regional medical center.  He has a Chinese name but American graduate degrees so his English must be OK, or I can drop out if it's too burdensome.  That may be my best bet, as I may also have an overlap conflict on Mondays with another course.  Think it over, but real college but without exams seems like an attractive option.

No comments: