Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Readjusting

Took a few days to visit my son and daughter-in-law at their new home in Pittsburgh.  Good to see them settled a bit, renting a pleasant starter house while they seek a purchase.  Son has real job, earns enough to pick up the tab twice while we dined together.  Pittsburgh itself creates loyalty to the people who live there though I think it my be a better place to be from than to go to.  It has a grimy history but a civic resurgence. And our hotel was optimally located and more than pleasant.

I return home tired, though.  Two drives of 300 miles each tried my attention span, even with rest stops at about 100 mile intervals. Not at all used to daily restaurants, nor desire them, even though all differed from what I might seek from a restaurant at home.  While away I did very little toward my semi-annual projects, though I could have.  While devoting a lot of effort to staying upright during my waking times, that failed at the hotel.  Treadmill effort incomplete.  Took a book but read less than I could have.  Took a lot of pictures, though.  Wrote nada, though the hotel had a full computer and I took a flash drive, so I could have.  Suspended by FB and Tw limitations.  

As I got back home, I flopped into bed, not disturbing the made bed with neat bedspread.  Just napped, set timer to read more from the book that was being discussed at my medical alma mater's reading group later in the evening.  Later half-heartedly unpacked.  Attended the session, outlined the rest of the week, had two slices of pizza, and set my cell phone sleep tracker.

Next day has arrived, week outlined. Day's activities extracted from week's initiatives, recorded, and organized.  I'm ready to resume those twelve things I set out for myself a month ago, and a couple more that came my way.


No comments: