Pages

Monday, August 30, 2021

Summer's Demarcation


I'm not quite ready to relinquish my summer.  Ordinarily the close of summer energized me as I looked ahead to a new school year, the fall Holy Days, building a sukkah, college football at least once in the stadium, colorful leaves, and a brisk chill.  It's been arriving earlier.  Schools now open a week or two before Labor Day.  The Holy Days appear this year about as early in the secular calendar as they can.  College football can wait, but the West Chester game remains cheap entertainment if they allow spectators this season, even cheaper if they don't.

Since my semi-annual segment starts in July, summer comprises the first third, a preparation for those performance SMART goals.  I did pretty well with the preparation.  The time to Thanksgiving focuses more on execution, which can be a lot more challenging, but I seem ready.  OLLI commences this week informally, formally next week.  I know how to make a YouTube video, now I have to make three of them to fulfill the goal.  I just began my third book, an audio novel.  My writing could be better.  I've committed to travel, two more minor day excursions and one more grand.  While getting ready to entertain guests by serious housekeeping, I'm ready to invite some.  The Family Room has some plans for completion.

Decent summer.  Ready for a terrific fall, even when it arrives a little early.

No comments: