Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Email Goes Kaput

Something happened to my Xfinity Email.  Somebody who I only interact with electronically called me to tell me my email had been hacked.  He received a note from me asking to add to an Amazon account.  Another friend told me the same as well.  I sent myself an email, but my address no longer appeared as I typed a few letters.  I typed the whole thing, sent it but never received it.  My Sent Folder recorded it though.  Changed password.  Then sent myself email with the clue to help me remember the password.  It never arrived.

After finishing what I was doing, delaying supper, I headed over to the Xfinity store.  By the time the agent had completed her thing, I had a new password that even I couldn't remember, my Sent Folder had been moved to the Trash Folder and when I tried to move both folders back to Sent so as not to lose professional and legal communications, both those folders disappeared to.

I called Xfinity Security where the agent guided me through a few steps, told me it would reset but it never did.  I called again.  This agent couldn't fix it but referred me to their swamis who will eventually do what they in the next day or two.

I cannot receive emails.  When I send messages to myself, they now appear in a newly restarted Sent Folder.  I checked my Address Book, which also disappeared.  Since my Inbox still works I can retrieve the addresses of people who had sent me by searching the Inbox.  Sent two messages to people who can let me know verbally if they received them.  Those appear in the Sent Folder.

This can pose quite an ordeal, but I have had to change my email address once before.  We'll see if the Xfinity geeks rise to the task.



No comments: