Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Learning a Sophisticated Dashboard

My new car has eleven years of technical advances over my departing vehicle that served me so well.  It lacks a means of playing CDs because only relics of the last decade still play CDs.  My newest laptop doesn't have a DVD port either, nor did I buy a DVD player for my elaborate flat screen TV when I created My Space.  Instead the car has a flat screen display in the middle of the dashboard that I don't know how to use.  When I put the car in reverse a rear camera comes on, something rather useful, though I still instinctively look behind me and in the mirror when backing up.  I think I know how to use the radio but haven't yet.  Don't know what most of the other gleaming silver horizontal buttons do.  Downloaded the owner's manual to try to figure some of this stuff out but probably more effective to just go to the car, push them in sequence and see what displays.

It has a USB port but not a GPS.  I don't know yet if I can plug in my cell phone and get Waze or some other navigation assistance via the phone.  Don't even know if I have a spare cord to keep in the car.  Can buy another.  Or I can use the GPS saved from the other car like I did before, though that device is old enough to mislead me when locations have changed or new shopping destinations have appeared.

Some of this I may never really figure out.


No comments: