Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2021

Returned to Treadmill


Since retiring three years ago, I've been directing some focus to self-care that lapsed amid the urgencies of getting to work and the fatigue that accompanied my return.  I've been more nutritionally focused, changed my grocery shopping for the better, taking prescribed medicine with few unintentional lapses, and remaining faithful to my treadmill schedule.  This past week I had a rare treadmill suspension, two days of scheduled walking or a total of four consecutive days off with my two-on one-off pattern.  My knee right knee hurt which made a more respectable justification than I just felt too ooky, even despondent.  The knee can withstand the stepwise jolt now, and why I am not restored yet to optimal personal outlook, it is sufficient to do a less than maximum treadmill session on the scheduled day.  I've done two, good tolerance, minor feeling of accomplishment that carries over to other projects that I've been too unmotivated to undertake.  Breathing good.  No anginal or claudication symptoms.  Minor lower extremity soreness.  And most importantly, less ooky.

No comments: