Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Recovery Day

Yesterday needs an antidote.  I felt achy, despondent, lonely, and a few other forms of ooky.  Scheduled treadmill session set aside due to knee pain.  Some half-projects: clearing out my car pending donation, checking financing for the replacement car, exchanging seasonal clothing.  None of these really engaged me.  Neither did selecting the replacement car, though I visited dealers where I may have to take it for service.  I selected a dealer from which to purchase it, though that did nothing to elevated my sagging spirits either.  

Been watching the Fab 5 on Netflix.  Used to watch the original Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, some of whom have moved on to more significant projects, particularly the cooking expert.  The current fellows are far more effeminate in addition to being gay, but the theme is the same.  They target people who could feel better about themselves by changing their environment, looking better, putting some effort into what they create in their kitchens and who gets to eat those dinners with them, which usually means expanding their social circles in some way.  My environment needs decluttering.  I look OK and have enough clothing.  My kitchen efforts are fine, but it would be better to expand the guest lists and frequency.  And I can get some help decluttering.

Ir's about midway through Me Cheshvan.  Still have a couple more weeks of Me Focus.


No comments: