Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Total Body Ache



If I were to seek medical care, I wouldn't even know what to tell my physician.  I have global soreness.  Since the calves are the worst, I could attribute this to the treadmill, but it's not exclusively lower extremities.  There is a back component, which seems focused and a right shoulder pain that seems very characteristic of bursitis or tendonitis.  It responds to topical Voltaren when I apply it regularly.  I don't seem to have systemic illness, though my mood and disposition could use a reset.  Sleep, which had been responding favorably to targeted hygiene, has deteriorated, yet I don't feel depleted of energy.  I just have muscle soreness.

My first thought would be that my statin has caught up with me.  It definitely corrects my lab result and suspected intolerance, which has happened before, seems minor and difficult to confirm.  Still, omitting it for a week may be my best option.

Might it be polymyalgia rheumatica or polymyositis?  I don't have tenderness or weakness, even in the calves.  The distribution appears less proximal than the classic myalgias have.  Infectious?  No reason to think I might have exposure to brucellosis.  No rash to suggest Lyme.

Stay off the statin this week.  Voltaren to shoulder.  Naproxen if pain really needs medication or if I need relief to function.  Treadmill as my capacity allows.  Reassess. Even medical care if no progress.



No comments: