Pages

Sunday, June 4, 2023

A Travel Week

Big Bird takes us across the continent at mid-week.  I'm not really all that eager to leave home, as much as I'd like to be with my daughter.  Some preparation needs doing, primarily arranging to park my car while away, or perhaps, since I am traveling at a reasonable hour, an Uber to and from the airport would be better.  Depends on how much the parking costs, though it is more convenient and secure to drive my own car, which has been my source of freedom since I got my first one.  

And what to take.  Pills set out.  I will take my laptop.  Use my cell phone as the camera, or see if I can revive my camera.  Take the fanny pack.  Take my leather portfolio, maybe put another yellow pad in it, or maybe a spiral notebook.  And the Torah portion that I need to learn.

Expect to wear t-shirts and shorts most days.  Good walking shoes and one pair of moccasins. My nylon windbreaker and UD sweatshirt.  A baseball cap to indicate where I am from.  And my good water bottle, emptied prior to entering the TSA inspection.  I remembered to remove the generic Swiss Army Knife from my keychain.

It is vacation, but it is also a distraction from some of the things I like doing at home.  


No comments: