Pages

Monday, June 19, 2023

Father's Day


While it was not my intent to isolate the day, my most significant others did it for me.  Each of the kids called.  My daughter had been traveling to Detroit to see friends but called from there.  She noticed that while visiting her in San Francisco, I had admired the Middle Eastern store with its bins of herbs, but opted not to buy sumac, the one that would be helpful for Middle Eastern cooking that I like to do at home.  I wanted my spices to have Kosher labels on the jars.  She found a not so small jar of Kosher-certified ground sumac and got it for me, slipping it to my wife to hand to me.

My son called from Pittsburgh.  We talked about his trip to Europe.

And my wife went out of her way to make dinner.  Salmon, ears of corn, a ratatouille, superb French bread, chardonnay, chocolate lava cake, and berries.  All I had to do was whip the heavy cream.  And not that many dishes the next day.

Unlike my birthday this year, I felt pretty good.  I created a weekly project list, one that contains more social interactions than previous weeks.  It also encourages me to rebound from some recent rejections and travails.  Kind of week I could use.  

Father's Day got it off to a favorable start.

No comments: