Pages

Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Repacking


Transcontinental Travel.  I packed but need to fully redo this.  I think of California as being warmer than my home in the mid-Atlantic.  When temperatures are integrated over the year it is.  San Francisco does not get snow.  People probably own a coat.  They may not in San Diego.  And there are beaches and surfers, though San Francisco does not get swimmers.  At home we do.  So our winters are colder, but our summers are considerably hotter, and it's not even astronomical summer yet.

I packed t-shirts and shorts.  Modern electronics has also given us weather.com. I could see the SF forecast for most of my intended time there.  It's not really summer there, while here people plan their outings at the Delaware Beaches or Jersey Shore after Memorial Day.  My destination is more a glorious spring.  Better for long pants and polo shirts with an undershirt beneath.  And layering.  I am bringing a sweatshirt and a windbreaker.  And enough socks for daily use.  All in a carry on and a backpack.

No comments: