Pages

Friday, June 16, 2023

Semi-Annual Season


Final two weeks of my current semi-Annual initiatives.  About half settled on the next set of twelve.  

My Space upgrade will renew.  I did some, then it petered out, partly by distraction with other things, partly by inability to sustain interest, partly by a mentality of good enough as my desktop, lounge chair, big screen TV, and area to do stretching exercises were all sufficient.  Arrangements to Europe mostly complete.  In the next cycle I will go there.  Dedicated spousal attention could have been better.  That will renew.  Visited daughter.  They each visited me.  Don't think I want to go to the West Coast again in the next six months.  Could go to Pittsburgh, but not really a must-do that gets on my semi-annual projects.  Revocable Trust essentially done with a few loose ends.  In the coming year, I must take IRA distributions, so setting them up will be the obvious Financial Goal.  AKSE participation was a dud.  In fact, I conclude that my best intents were actively rejected by Influencers.  That will not be renewed as my Community initiative, though I've not settled on a replacement.  I read three books, my Self Initiative.  In fact, this is the one most likely to get completed each half-year cycle.  It is so reliable, that I have reassigned it the way I reassigned monthly expense review and gardening.  These are things that I will do anyway even if not targeted among the dozen semi-annual initiatives.  Replaced the Self component with three day trips.  I tend to do these reliably, as two trips to my state's beaches usually take place each summer.  But to have a Day Trip count, it has to include an activity that I would not otherwise do or a place I would not otherwise go.  I entertained guests as planned.  That renews as my Friends initiative, though I would like to expand the array of people I have over to newer friends or perhaps people beyond my synagogue.

My Health Goals will also renew.  Each cycle I have a conflict over whether to settle on performance goals with desired weight, waist, and BP metrics, or whether to do process goals like time and intensity on treadmill.  I opted for performance.  I submitted three articles.  That renews, though maybe to more prominent destinations.

The Frontier has been writing my legacy book.  I started.  I also began acquiring skills.  That renews with the added grit to make it happen.

Long Term was allocated to becoming more adept in my kitchen.  It didn't happen, nor were the attempts very fulfilling.  In my early 70s, Long Term isn't really that long a term.  My end of life provisions are largely set.  I still have a house that my survivors will need to deal with.  Long Term, or really what can I do in six months that plays out longer, will focus on divesting My Stuff, starting with the basement.  I have decluttered parts of it before.  Still, it contains objects that will never have a useful purpose to my wife or me, nor probably to any of my survivors either.  Clearing things out will eventually need to be done.  As much of the onus should fall to me as possible.

So that's the transition.  Community, Family, Purchase initiatives remain unsettled, but in two weeks those three boxes should be filled onto the master sheet, which can then be transferred to the black nylon pouch with pens, markers, and paper slots that I access each Sunday morning to outline the coming week in a way consistent with my aspirations for the coming half year.

No comments: