Pages

Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Back Home

Some unpacking today.  A chance to readapt to Eastern Daylight Time.  Coffee from my own Keurig machine.  And it's a treadmill day, but later when my internal clock has reset a little better.

Travel had its fun elements. Visiting my daughter was its purpose, fulfilled.  Tourism wore me out but I can say I visited some unique places.  Stopping in at small mini-marts that were not WaWa's or having a rather large choice of which place to get something to eat brought a few moments of satisfaction, though not something I'd want every day.  I much prefer my house, with my yard, and a car that gets me where I want to go when I want to go there, though at the price of having many fewer places that I might want to go.

From the time I left my daughter's apartment until arriving at my house took about ten hours, half of it in one of those airborne cylinders, assigned to the middle seat both ways.  Tired for sure.  A little stiff.  But still remarkable to cross the American continent in that short a time.  Equally remarkable to putter around SF which attracts people from everywhere to settle on a one way ticket.



No comments: