Pages

Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Committing to the Whiteboard


It's posted.  It will remain in my line of sight to my left from my desk and swivel chair for the next six months.  The left third of my Avandia Whiteboard now contains a list of my Semi-Annual Projects, of them.  They become the basis for my weekly outline every Sunday, daily task list created the night before, and end of week assessment every Saturday.

  1. Entertain Three Guests
  2. Submit Three Articles for Publication
  3. Write first draft of an 80K word book
  4. Serve on an OLLI Committee
  5. Achieve my Waist, Weight, and BP Targets
  6. Organize the Basement
  7. My Space to its Completed Form
  8. Hire Household Help
  9. Arrange IRA Distributions
  10. Visit France
  11. Three Day Trips
  12. Dedicate Evenings to Be with My Wife
They differ somewhat from the prior semi-annual cycle, but all fall within the SMART Criteria of specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time limited.  All take some effort, even a significant measure of focus.  Some need the cooperation of other people.  Yet all are worth pursuing, so I will pursue each of them.

No comments: