Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Extra Snooze


Out of bed delayed a bit.  Sleep hygiene has several components, occasionally in conflict.  Go to bed at same time each day addressed with a clock and a light switch.   Up at same time each day responds well to an alarm, for me a wrist buzz with an iTouch Slim, along with a commitment to arise when the signal denotes that time.  More complex is dealing with Middle of the Night Insomnia.  Sleep hygiene guidance advises limiting the tossing and turning to a short time, though I usually do that longer.  Then go to another room to read, watch TV, or some other activity that requires minimal mental engagement.

This morning I not only awoke nearly three hours before the scheduled morning buzz, but I felt wide awake.  An hour of mind shifting did not make me less awake, so off to the recliner in My Space.  I set a Netflix show with a lot of pictures, silencing it while I leaned back and watched.  Drowsy within minutes, apparently asleep before the 25-minute episode concluded.  Slept through the iTouch Slim, awoke 45 minutes after the scheduled time, but with ample rest.  Few minutes back to bed, then move ahead with my day.  Probably better than if I had just stayed in bed, dragging myself out at the buzz.

No comments: