Pages

Friday, July 29, 2022

A Travel Day

Visiting Pittsburgh where my son and daughter-in-law recently purchased a house.  Guest room saves a lot on hotel, which means I will be the sport for meals out.  Last time I went as a tourist, eager to see a new city.  This time I come as a visitor to maximize family time with only Tree of Life Synagogue or its current format and Flight 93 Memorial as designated places.  

It's a long drive, likely with one or two stops in each direction.  Gas tank filled.  Pennsylvania EZ Pass transponder filled.  Taking very little recreational gear.  Camera.  Cell phone.  Chargers.  Pen and pad.  Brief outline of what I want to do while there but no colored pens or weekly planning pouch, even though I will be there on Sunday.  Limited clothing.  Were it not for the synagogue visit, I might have left all long pants and collared shirts and undershirts home.  

At the end of each month I take a three day treadmill break.  This month four days, which hopefully will contribute to some knee and ankle healing.  But mostly, a few needed days away without mail delivering notices of NJ EZ Pass toll violations assigned to the stolen plate of my last car, dinners to assemble each evening, TV shows to record and then watch or delete months from now.  A few days of different routine.




No comments: