Pages

Monday, July 11, 2022

Touring Costco


My k-cup supply could use replenishing.  Butter has gotten too expensive at the supermarket.  Haven't gotten lox in ages, as the price has become prohibitive and salmon to make my own gravlax has not gone on sale. And my Costco Card was nearing its expiration.  Haven't been to a Costco in a long time.  Were it not for the bifocal discount, the membership fee would not be worthwhile, but while I have it, I can see what bargains await.  I ended up getting five things.

  1. House brand K-cups
  2. Omeprazole
  3. Nutrigrain Snacks
  4. Gravlax
  5. Beyond Burgers

Each discounted below what I can get other places.  Butter sold for three pound units.  Discount not enough to justify that quantity.  Real smoked salmon well above what I was willing to spend.  Munchies not notable bargains and I shouldn't be eating them.  Don't need any clothing, didn't even look.

I did consider some things for the kitchen, bright ceramic bowls mostly, but I don't really need anything there.  In many ways, Costco promotes want more than need.  Electronics at home are ample.  Satisfied with phone service.  They have attractive desk chairs, but I really like the one I have.  Not a whole lot of kosher specialties like whitefish or frozen shabbos dinners or frozen tiramisu that I find hard to pass up.  Not really much generated in the way of want.  Other than the gravlax, what I bought are all things I would have purchased anyway at the supermarket.

No reason to return until my bifocal prescription needs revision.  The card can lapse.

No comments: