Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2022

Sharing Tasks

Cooperating, and its subset committees, has not been my childhood imprint or adult acquisition.  I make my list of things that I will do and I do them, primarily for myself.  I do them well.  I can be pretty harsh with those who seek the minimum, who never shimmie up past the low-hanging fruit.  Yet as I look at what I want to do in the months ahead, my own best effort won't generate optimal results.  To get my estate plans firmed needs spousal assistance.  So does visiting the kids.  I want to have guests over.  My wife remains on better terms with people, I handle the  logistics and kitchen with better expertise.  She functions better as hostess.  I have some petty travel on my agenda.  I can do it all myself, except maybe the two picnics, but should I do it all myself?  Visiting cemeteries, probably.  Beaches, maybe?

And I want to make the first floor of my house, inside and out, fully habitable.  But I'm not all in on this. Two person effort, even if one is hired, would be better.

And then I have my All In, those one person tasks.  It is time to tell My Story.  It is time to make My Space the reality that I once envisioned, and still do.  All In means ownership.  Not shared.

Begin.  Both the shared and solitary undertakings.


No comments: