Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2020

Assessing Progress

Progress Report Resources - RNESU preK-12 Assessment PlanJust about a month has gone by since my current list of a dozen semi-annual initiatives got under way.  Mixed report but not an unexpected one.  Planned to join two organizations.  Got myself a meaningful assignment from the Delaware Historical Society.  Planned three day trips to places I've not been before spread over three states.  Barnes Museum is now open.  Don't know about the American Museum of Jewish History.  Went downstate to Fenwick Island, where I've been a few times but veered off at Trap Pond where I've never been.  And there are experiences like White Water Rafting.  Should be able to do the three by year's end.  National Park.  Takes planning but doable.  Probably a targeted trip.  I have my two subscriptions to the Forward and to the Atlantic.  I've been reading them, commenting a lot to the Forward which makes it easy to give feedback.  Much harder for the Atlantic which is written on a much higher analytical plane than the Forward.  Writing the book that makes me famous has languished.  So has my initiative to create a process to expose Trumpanzees who thought they could create discord anonymously.  Books have not gone as well.  The anti-Trump book by Joe Walsh just did not capture my intellect.  I read an ebook by Nobel Laureate SY Agnon, translated by my Rav James Diamond.  A unique Jewish book.  Probably too short to really count as one of my three designated books.

Physical measurements have gone nowhere.  I have not felt my best and cut back the treadmill.  Faithful to omitting calories from 10PM-6AM but no progress from the scale or tape measure.  Not made any new friends yet but immersion in historical society just beginning.  Implosion of on-site OLLI has added to this challenge.  

Son's wedding is still a go.  I've been keeping up with financial filing.  Could be more dedicated to focusing on my bedroom but rotated the mattress and had the down comforter professionally cleaned, so its primary task of a place to sleep seems satisfied.

Still five months to do these things.  Not a perfect start but not a substandard one either.  Plod along.

No comments: