Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2020

Sorting the Big Basket

Large Wicker Basket - Espresso in Wicker Baskets



This past year, I've done rather well with dealing with objects that have an inertia.  For better or worse, my wife is unlikely to touch her stored stuff again so the best I can do is transport it out of pathways, which I've mostly done.  Our laundry room is clear, our basement has open spaces, though some of the paths could be better.  Our upper hall has been literally empty for two weeks.  The lower hall has almost been addressed, except for a big basket that I resolved to remedy this week.

I emptied it, sorted it into just a few categories:  wife's, upstairs, downstairs.  One of my favorite caps, not seen in a while got soiled by what looks like plant food.  I'll try to salvage it by hand washing because it is a favorite, an orange Lancer's Rugby cap.  That basket holds a lot of stuff and it will again hold stuff, though more selectively.  Some things have an obvious home: a basket for note pads, places on my desk for paper, a drawer for file folders.  Other things really don't but one can be created as often as necessary.  My basket for My Space.  By week's end.

No comments: