Pages

Friday, July 31, 2020

Forcing Myself

After doing great for a while and seeing beneficial results, I let my sleep hygiene initiative atrophy, first for a legitimate reason of illness, but never restored this project to baseline.  I would wake up on time but not get up.  Today I did, though more from obligation to myself than really wanting to.

The same could be said of exercise, going great, hiatus for illness, never restored though it could have been partially restored.  Just have to set a time and be on a moving treadmill at that time.

Not all is lost.  I still use the electric toothbrush and flosser as soon as I get up, weigh and check waist circumference weekly.  BP checks have gotten fewer but the relative consistency of the readings suggests the spot checks are sufficient.  Dishes get done. Doing them relaxes me and gives me the illusion that I've accomplished something tangible.  I keep up with the laundry, no sense of self-coercion on this. Some of those health measures just haven't done as well despite acquiring some measure of well being when I was doing them.

Maybe creating an obligation, maybe having somebody other than me keep the checklist.  Start by hitting the personal Reset today.  I'm up on time, morning dental ritual done, dishes done, coffee at my right hand.  Treadmill later this morning when stiffness eases.  See how it goes.

Getting Out Of The Bed Got You Down? This Will Jumpstart Your Day ...

No comments: