Pages

Friday, July 10, 2020

I Got Bored



t was an unrestricted day.  I could do anything I wanted.  A scheduled recovery day off from the treadmill to rest my calves.  Nothing scheduled other than an AJC Seminar from France at mid-day which turned out to be superb.  No shortage of worthwhile things to do but I kept feeling like I was artificially trying to stay busy.  Could have gone fishing but it was too hot and humid. Took care of some minor grocery needs early in the morning, real stuff, no junk, from a short list.  Checked the gardens, all's well.  Added some diluted nitrogen supplement to the outdoor gardens in anticipation of serious rain the following day.  Indoor plants progressing well.  Dishes done.  Wanted to move a few boxes to better places, which I did early in the day.  Harvested some packing foam that I need to take to the state collection center.  Even finished the Book of Revelation which completes my reading of the New Testament.  Didn't really understand it much.  Guess the symbolism gets taught in parochial school.  So it wasn't a day of sloth, but it wasn't a satisfying use of a large block of time either.

What went undone, even shunned, were two projects of creative thinking, my two semi-annual goals least likely to be fulfilled, yet most challenging.  Starting requires an activation energy which just wasn't there. Instead, I got a series of easy boxes to check off as the illusion of accomplishment, maybe not really an illusion as some were serious initiatives, but much less satisfying when completed than the creative thinking would have been, even if incomplete.

Another go on the hard stuff today.

If a job's worth doing, it's too hard | Picture Quotes
I

No comments: