Pages

Sunday, July 4, 2021

A Glorious Fouth


4Jy comes on a Sunday this year, so celebrate today, postpone workday holiday.  Something of double whammy for the new medical residents, perhaps.  I put on a USA t-shirt but have little else planned, as the holiday also starts the part of my half year when I am most enthusiastic about forging ahead.  Done a few things already though not yet those hard work initiatives.  Maybe start some of those before the fireworks that I don't plan to attend go off.  

While my daily task list has ample amusements, I feel more directed this holiday to efforts that move me ahead even if the steps are only small increments that enable achievement of what I set out to perform months from now.  Perhaps I should change the approach and get some of those things I really don't like doing but have to like the treadmill completed first, a few other things that linger undone on my daily task list checked off once and for all if they the types of activities that do not reappear once done.  My stash of $5 bills collected as change this half year amounts to $50 + $35 unspent from the last half of the previous year.  Things I need I just buy, things I want but don't need come from that collection.  I don't really want much.  Maybe experiences more than things.  Adventures in nearby and distant travel, some creativity that I make excuses not to pursue, some creations from my kitchen or sampling the best of somebody else's brew tank.  4Jy in its original was really about hitting a collective reset button for new adventures.

No comments: