Pages

Friday, July 16, 2021

Overnight TV

Sleep has become more restful now that I adhere to sleep and wake times with little variation.  My smart phone tracker, while not terribly accurate, has proven consistent on consecutive nights.  I will have one major awakening following about two sleep cycles, stay up a bit, then get two more then a fifth sleep cycle, feeling adequately rested when the wrist buzz of the smart watch signals it is time to arise, which I do.  If I violate the principles, it has been by staying in bed too long after each sleep interruption.  I set a limit on myself, which I exceeded last night for the first time in a while.  After an hour of watch watching, I got myself up, heading into My Space for some TV, impeded by misplacing the needed Roku remote from its usual resting place.  Finding it, I scrolled what was one, made and initial poor choice on Smithsonian Channel followed by a better choice on Science Channel.  I took my tracker to the lounge chair, but eventually just put it on my desk where it remained.  It took about 50 minutes to get drowsy again, but on return to bed, the remainder of the sleep cycles seemed OK.  Perhaps a little less total sleep than average but reasonably functional for what I have on my Daily List today.




No comments: