Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2021

Need to Reset


While it was supposed to be a relax at Fenwick Island day, the pleasant surf got the better of me.  I rarely enter more than waist high but a big swell with breaker knocked me down.  In the process it dislodged my bifocals, giving them an honorable burial at sea.  Fortunately I kept the previous pair in the mid-seat tray of my car, so driving home did not pose an inordinate obstacle that losing my keys might have.  And I kept my composure, maybe leaving a little early, maybe showing some irritation with my wife passenger for not being a better scout to find a place for overdue hydration and nourishment.  I salvaged that too, checking on my Waze app the amount of detour that diversion to the Dogfish Head Brewery would entail.  Being acceptable, we headed over there for a small afternoon brunch and four personally selected 3 oz samples in just the right size stem snifters.  Then home, marred by a brief but torrential rain around Dover but smooth sailing the rest of the way.

I slept well, a mite irritated but resigned to having to renew my Costco Membership as the most cost effective way to replace those bifocals.  That being overwhelmingly the most vital of today's projects, I still have to maintain today's treadmill presence and secure tomorrow's shabbos dinner from Shop-Rite and review the parsha commentaries for this shabbos.  If I do all that, the housework, recreation, and scholarly efforts can all be postponed a day.

No comments: