Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2022

A Recovery Day

Traveling for visiting isn't exactly the same as vacation.  Being a house guest differs from being a paid hotel patron.  It was a difficult trip to visit the kids.  A lot of driving.  A few breaks.  Minor touring.  Some lapses in health that created challenges.  Yet I got to see the kids, take them out, talk or argue medicine with my son, see him in his lab coat with his name on one side and the institution on the other.

I took a different way home, about six hours on the road with a stop at the Flight 93 MemorialRoute 30, known as the Lincoln Highway, went through towns and over Allegheny's.  I looked over the towns, wondered what the people did for a living and when they finished the day's work.  At home, I looked up some of those towns on Wikipedia.  None of the blurbs answered my mental questions, though I understand why they vote differently than me.  Some Appalachia, most not, though probably not a lot of people with high salaries that my son's employer pays to thousands.  

A Zoom meeting not long after arriving home.

A day to rest up.  Ignored the iTouch buzz.  Funeral later, which I'll watch on Zoom.  Planned rest of week, including a more pressing need to arrange medical care.  But today, recover from the trip to make tomorrow a reset for the remainder of my summer.

No comments: